Congratulations, Summer 2023 graduates!
The Summer 2023 Commencement ceremony schedule can be found below.
|Summer Ceremony||Friday, August 4, 2023||10:00 AM||Cajundome|
Doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s Degrees will all be conferred at the ceremony. All graduates must attend in full regalia.
Watch the Live Stream
The Summer 2023 Commencement ceremony will be available to watch live on the UL Lafayette Facebook page and on the Cajundome's website.
Tickets are not required by guests to attend the ceremonies.
A professional photographer with GradImages will take pictures of each graduate during the ceremony. You will receive an emailing detailing the procedure to order your photos from the photographer within a week or two after the ceremony.
Cap and Gown
- Please visit the following website for more information.
- Dark clothing is suggested to wear underneath your gown.
Bachelor degree recipients
- The tassel should hang to the right side of the face until the degree is conferred.
Master & Doctoral degree recipients
- The tassel should hang to the left side of the face and remain there throughout the entire ceremony.
- Please be aware of the shoes that you choose to wear. We suggest comfortable shoes that are easy to walk in.
University Police will examine the contents of all purses, bags, packages, etc. of persons entering the venue.
Each guest, including children, may carry one approved clear bag, such as a one-gallon clear storage bag or clear purse no larger than 12" x 12" x 6". The following bags will be permitted inside the Cajundome & Convention Center and are subject to search.
- Gallon size clear plastic storage bag.
- Clear bag equal to or smaller than 12" x 12" x 6"
- A clutch or purse smaller than 6.5" x 4.5" (does not have to be clear)
- Equipment bag for necessary medical items.
- Diaper bag for age-appropriate children accompanied by an adult.
DO NOT BRING: large purses, duffel bags, coolers, backpacks, fanny packs, mesh bags, or any bag larger than the permissible sizes mentioned above. Tinted or printed-pattern plastic bags are not clear, so they will not be permitted. Wrapped gifts or items that could block the view of others (i.e. large balloon, signs, etc.).