The Spring 2021 Commencement ceremony schedule can be found below.
|College of Engineering||Friday, May 14||8:00 AM||Cajun Field|
|College of the Arts||Friday, May 14||8:00 AM||Russo Park|
|College of Liberal Arts||Friday, May 14||1:00 PM||Cajun Field|
|College of Education||Friday, May 14||1:00 PM||Russo Park|
|Ray P. Authement College of Sciences||Friday, May 14||6:00 PM||Cajun Field|
|College of Nursing & Allied Health Professions||Friday, May 14||6:00 PM||Russo Park|
|B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration||Saturday, May 15||8:00 AM||Cajun Field|
|University College||Saturday, May 15||8:00 AM||Russo Park|
|Graduate School**||Saturday, May 15||6:00 PM||Cajun Field|
**All Masters and Doctoral candidates are to attend the Graduate School ceremony.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there is limited capacity at each venue.
As a result, students will be provided with a limited number of tickets. Information and instructions regarding ticket allotment will be distributed via email as soon as details are confirmed.
A professional photographer will take pictures of each graduate during the ceremony. An email detailing the procedure to order your photos from the photographer a few weeks after the ceremony.
Cap and Gown
- What to wear underneath: Dark and weather-appropriate clothing.
- The tassel should hang to the right side of the face, and the mortarboard is worn straight on the head with the point of the cap in the center of the forehead.
- Please be aware of the shoes that you choose to wear. All seating for graduates will be on turf and/or infield dirt.
Security/Covid 19 Precautions
Security & COVID 19 measures and precautions are in place to ensure the safety of all students, staff, and family members attending the Commencement ceremony.
All graduates and guests must observe social distancing guidelines of 6 feet when entering the venue, moving about the venue or waiting to use the restroom or other facilities. Graduates and guests should follow instructions from event staff sit in marked or designated areas to maintain social distance from other groups.
University Police will examine the contents of all purses, bags, packages, etc. of persons entering the venues.
*NEW* Please note that a clear bag policy is being enforced.
- Allowed: Small purse, with or without a strap, may not exceed 6.5" x 4.5" x 1"
- Also approved: diaper bag for age-appropriate children and equipment bag for medical items
- Binoculars allowed, however, its bag must meet size guidelines above or be in a clear bag
DO NOT BRING: large purses, bags, backpacks, wrapped gifts or items that could block the view of others (i.e. large balloon, signs, etc.).
All graduates and guests in attendance at the ceremony are required to wear a mask for the duration of the ceremony. Masks are required at entry and while moving about the venue.
In order to maintain proper social distancing, available seats will be marked. Please do not sit in an area that is not marked properly.
Staff will be available to help answer any questions and to help with seating.
For those attending a ceremony in Lamson Park:
- Please park at Blackham Coliseum (2330 Johnston St, Lafayette, LA 70503.
- Guests with handicap stickered vehicles only: Please enter through the ADA Parking Lot (see Lamson Park map). It is a first-come, first-serve basis. If the lot fills up, the parking attendant will allow cars to drop off their family members at the gate entrance.
For those attending a ceremony in Russo Park:
- Please enter at GATE 1 or 2 (see Russo Park map). Note that Gate 1 is accessed by right turn only. Once you park, make your way towards the main gate (see Russo Park map).
For those attending a ceremony at Cajun Field:
- Please enter at GATE 4 by way of West Congress (see Cajun Field map), then enter Cajun Field through GATES C or D.
Watch the Live Stream
The Spring 2021 Commencement ceremony will be available on the Cajundome's website.
Inclement weather plan
This will be an outdoor event because of changes to the capacity limit for indoor events due to COVID-19. Because this is an outdoor event, we have to plan for inclement weather.
Please keep Thursday, December 10 and Friday, December 11 schedules open. Our plan is to make sure you have your graduation that week, so you will be notified in advance if we have to move the ceremonies to those dates.